Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sensory Overload

1. The last sentence of the story says

"I believe that more and more, we are defining our environments not as the spaces themselves, in terms of the buildings or architecture, but rather by the objects and devices that we buy and surround ourselves with. ... I would like that message to carry through universally," Seymour said.

What do you think about this statement? I think that this statement can be interpreted many different ways just because it is very open ended in the material that it is entailing. As far as the photographer's pictures however, I think that it very well goes with the Chinese market where people make homes out of their offices made out of the materials that they sell.
Do you agree or disagree? I kind of agree with this statement because it is easy to change places or make them more like us by using the things that we like to put in our spaces to make them unique and homey.
As an aspiring photographer how does this make you feel about your photography? As an aspiring photographer, I feel like the quote is saying that it is important to capture people's living spaces because their decorations and furniture will tell a lot about a person.

2. When you looked through the images, did you want to visit this place and take your camera? When I looked at these images, I did want to go to this mall and take my camera because I really loved the liveliness of the place with all the bright colors and families going about their day. The mall sort of had it's own culture which was really interesting.

3. What do you think it would be like to be the child of someone who worked at this place? I think that being the child of someone who worked here would be very fun because there is endless halls of adventures and new places to visit everyday in the ever changing environment of the mall.

4. Describe your favorite photo to me.
My favorite photo was the one of the woman sitting in her flower shop with all the brightly colored tropical flowers. I really liked this picture because it made me really happy seeing all the colorful flowers. I felt like I was in the room with the shop worker and it felt like if I worked there, I would be in my own tropical paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment