Monday, November 16, 2015

Self Portraits and Portraits 1

5. Move Your Subject Out of their Comfort Zone


15. Hold Your Camera on an Angle


16. Take Unfocused Shots



Environmental Self Portraits
I really liked this picture because I loved how the sunlight reflected of of the horse's hair. The background also looks nicely with the subject of the horse and the horse's owner.


This picture is very interesting to me because I love how the light creates a hazy sort of appearance on the yarn. The colors look amplified because of the light.The photo is very evenly balanced.

Photography Self Portrait
I liked this photo because it felt more old fashioned and I liked that factor about it. The mirror reflection intrigued me because I was not used to the view of the subject being reflected in a smaller frame. Framing is very evident in this photo and I think that that is why I chose this photo.

I liked this photo mostly because I liked the deeper meaning behind it. The deeper meaning could be a number of things but when I saw this photo, I saw it as a girl who was hiding under a mask of who she thought that society wanted her to be or look like.


Casual Portrait
I liked this picture because I thought that the blurred background brought out the colors in the baby's clothes. Since the background was blurred out, the main focus was brought to the baby.


I liked this picture because as I searched for a casual portrait, this person seemed to be the only person that was actually generally happy. All the other subjects seemed to be just acting for the photo, however this picture is very raw and is not fake because the subject is portraying they're emotions as they truly are.

       For my self portrait assignment, I plan to photograph my friend Olivia. Olivia is a dancer and i plan to photograph her outdoors in a field dancing. I also have a closet in my house that I can put up a white sheet as a backdrop and experiment using different types and sources of lighting to get close ups of Olivia's face.






No comments:

Post a Comment